Dir: William Hammond
Starring: Anthony Wagner and Ivor Bowyet
Two boys thwart the efforts of antique smugglers at a British estate
This short drama was made for the Cinema Clubs for Boys and Girls, a precursor for the Children’s Film Foundation. It was produced by Merton Park Studios in conjunction with Children’s Entertainment Film and the Film Producer’s Guild. Although produced in the UK in 1948, it was first released in Sweden at the end of January 1949 but now appears difficult to get hold of. It pleasingly gives a very rare glimpse of Homersfield station on the Waveney Valley Line from Tivetshall to Beccles via Bungay. Although it served the village of Homersfield in Suffolk it was actually located in Alburgh, across the county boundary in Norfolk. The station closed to passengers in January 1953 but remained open for goods until February 1960.