Dir: Herbert Leder
Starring: Karel Stepanek and Anna Palk
A German scientist attempts to revive Nazi leaders in an English laboratory
This science fiction horror film features some scenes at Merton Park station, with SR two-car Class 416 EPB EMUs visible in several. Vehicle No.77516 (unit No.5717) is identifiable as one such unit pulls out of the station. Merton Park was located on the Wimbledon-West Croydon line via Mitcham, with two adjacent platforms on the line to Tooting. The Tooting line closed to passengers as early as March 1929. The line remained open for freight, but the former up line was lifted, the down line being worked as a long siding from Merton Park after the junction at the Tooting end was taken out. Merton Park was unusual in that passengers for the Mitcham line now had to cross two disused platforms to reach their trains from the main station building, the reason why passengers in the film appear to be waiting for a train at a platform that has no track! After being reduced further in status, the dilapidated station closed in June 1997 prior to the route being converted for use by the new Croydon Tramlink.